Deviled Eggs by Laura Vitale
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
4 Tbsp of Mayo
2 Tbsp of Sweet Pickle Relish
1 1/2 tsp of Dijon Mustard
Dash of Tabasco
Small Pinch of Salt
2 Tsp of Grated Onion
1) Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover them with cold water. Let them come to a rolling boil, turn the heat off and let the eggs sit covered in the hot water for 10 minutes. Rinse them under cold water until they are cooled to handle (do this either the morning of or the day before) pop them in the fridge to cool completely.
2) Peel your eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolk and pop the yolks in a bowl and place the whites on a platter.
3) With a fork or potato masher, mash the yolks really well, then add the remaining ingredients and mix everything together until you have a smooth mixture.
4) Spoon the filling into the eggs or if you’re feeling fancy, fill a piping bag with the filling (make sure the bag is fitted with a star tip) and pipe the filling in the egg whites.
5) Sprinkle the top with a little paprika and either dig in right away or allow them to set (covered) in the fridge for a while.
Eggs Benedict by Gordon Ramsay
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
4 large free range egg
2 toasting muffin
1 batch hot hollandaise sauce
4 slices Parma ham
1) Bring a deep saucepan of water to the boil (at least 2 litres) and add the vinegar. Break the eggs into 4 separate coffee cups or ramekins. Split the muffins, toast them and warm some plates.
2) Swirl the vinegared water briskly to form a vortex and slide in an egg. It will curl round and set to a neat round shape. Cook for 2-3 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon.
3) Repeat with the other eggs, one at a time, re-swirling the water as you slide in the eggs. Spread some sauce on each muffin, scrunch a slice of ham on top, then top with an egg. Spoon over the remaining hollandaise and serve at once.
Scrambled Eggs by Gordon Ramsay
Break eggs into a pan and add the cubed butter.
Stir over a medium heat until the eggs clump and then add the creme fraiche.
Remove from heat when eggs are clumpy, but soft.
Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with a sprinkling of chopped chives.